Two often forgotten aspects of the moving process are lump sum insurance and settling
When you move, lump sum insurance makes sure that your possessions are covered in
the event of any unforeseen difficulties and settling in service does just that;
helps you handle the difficult task of settling in after a big move.
At ISS Worldwide Movers, we can arrange both services for you via our recommended
AXA Relocation Plus covers loss or damage to your possessions whilst relocating,
leaving you free to complete your move in confidence.
Everything you need to help your relocation - Relocation Plus provides comprehensive
insurance protection. Professionally packed items are covered against loss, damage
or theft from point of origin, including a period of incidental storage, right up
to your final domicile.
1. Inventory declaration (itemised replacement cost)
2. Lump sum or bulk declaration (as per volume).
Special extensions are available to extend the "All Risks" cover to provide even
wider protection than that normally offered under standard household personal effects
in transit insurance.
Applying for AXA Relocation Plus is simple. You can be covered immediately from
the time that the proposal form application is accepted by AXA or our appointed
Fast and Fair Claim Settlement Worldwide
AXA will not make heavy weather of your claims. With- a reputation for superior
customer service and a worldwide servicing capability, claims receive prompt and
Claims Reporting Procedure
In the event your shipment arrives with losses and/or damages, which may involve
a claim under this insurance, where possible please note any exceptions or damages
on the delivering carrier's receipt. Contact the survey agent nominated on schedule
of the policy as soon as practicable, advising them of the approximate value and
nature of loss/damage.
The survey agent will give you advice on the next steps to make and if necessary,
arrange for a loss adjuster to evaluate the loss/damage.
Please note that we require the following supporting documents which must be submitted
with your claim:
A Guide to Your Cover
- Original policy or certificate of insurance
- Original or copy of packing list and/or inspection report
- Original bill of lading, Airway bill and/or other contract of carriage (This can
be collected from moving company)
- Survey report or other documentary evidence to show the extent of the loss or damage
- Landing account and weight notes at final destination (if applicable)
- Correspondence exchanged with Carriers and other Parties regarding their liability
for loss or damage.
Here is a quick summary of what makes AXA Relocation Plus different from the rest.
Depending upon the packing, one of the following covers will apply:
Full Conditions - Professionally Packed Effects
Comprehensive protection is provided for loss or damage, fire and theft for the
Restricted Conditions - Owner packed effects
- Whilst being packed (including 60 day storage at packer's premises)
- The sea, air and/or land voyage
- Up to 60 days after arrival or until delivery and unpacking at destination.
Cover is provided for loss or damage to the insured effects due to a major casualty
to the carrying air sea or land conveyance, total loss during loading and unloading
plus fire, explosion, lightning, natural catastrophes and sea or river water perils.
Cover for Motor Vehicles
Motor vehicles can be insured under similar covers as above, with full or restricted
conditions with insurance commencing once the car is delivered to the forwarder's
premises for up to a week prior to transit. Thence up to arrival of the vehicle
at destination not exceeding 30 days at port/airport or until prior collection by
Special Extensions for Personal Effects
Any one or combination of the following clauses can be Included to your Full Conditions
cover subject to an additional premium. The terms provided extend the standard cover
and override other condition in this prospectus:
1. Mechanical, electrical or electronic derangement extension - We will cover your
personal effects for loss or damage caused by electrical, electronic or mechanical
derangement provided the Item is less than 6 years old and is packed as per manufacturer's
2. Climatic or atmospheric conditions or extremes of temperature extension - We
will cover up to a maximum 75% OF THE SUM INSURED attributable to mould and mildew
due to climatic conditions.
3. Pairs & sets extension - We will pay for loss or damage to any hem or Item, forming
part of a pair or set for a reasonable and fair reduction in the value of the pair
or set, taking into consideration the importance of the effected items within with
in the pair or set.
Some customers may require longer storage at origin and destination. These can be
arranged subject to additional premium.
Personal Effects Only
- Personal Effects & Motor Vehicles
- Wear and Tear pre-existing damages
- Loss, damage or expense caused by moth vermin and gradual deterioration
- Loss or damage caused by delay or any consequential loss arising there from
- Electrical or mechanical derangement unless caused by insured peril
- Confiscation or detention by customs authorities
- The first USD 150 of any claim.
Motor Vehicles Only
- Trunk suitcases or similar items unless they are packed in an outer container
- Bank, notes, shares bond, deeds, Jewelry, stamps/coin collections, securities, negotiable
- Loss or damage due to climatic/atmospheric conditions or extrE''1les of temperatures
(see special extensions to amend this exclusion).
Personal Effects & Motor Vehicles
Valuation clause: If the sum insured in respect of any article or article is less
than the market value at destination then, in the event of claim, the amount recoverable,
inclusive of reconditioning or replacement charges shall only be such proportion
as the sum insured bears to the market value at destination.
Replacement clause: In the even of loss or damage to any part(s) of an insured article
due to peril covered by the policy, the insured value of the complete article bears
to the current market value plus additional charges for refitting new parts if incurred.
Personal Effects Only
Pair & Sets clause: In any claim arises for the loss or damage due to a peril covered
by the policy to an article consisting as insured pair or set, no regard shall be
had to any special value and amount recoverable will be calculated as though the
article had been separately insured at prorate of insured value of the pair or set
Antique’s clause: In the event of damages to antique(s) liability
is restituted to the reasonable cost of repair and no claim is recoverable for depreciation
in value. In no case shall liability for such repairs exceed the sum insured in
respect of the damage article.